Monday, August 27, 2012

Thanks, Mom!

     As I'm sure most of you are aware, especially if you live anywhere in the south, we have a tropical storm brewing in the Gulf that will more than likely turn into a hurricane by the time it reaches land Wednesday.  Being a Louisiana native, I'm no stranger to storms, so Saturday I did the responsible thing by going to Wal Mart to stock up on water, canned food, candles and batteries.  I also topped off my tank at the local gas station, and located all of my flashlights.  I then called my mother.  Here's a rundown of that conversation:

Me:  Hey Mom; whatcha up to?

Mom:  Not much; just watching a movie.

Me:  Okay cool, so I was just calling because of Isaac.  I went to the store and got batteries, candles, PopTarts, granola bars, canned food and bottled water.  I filled up pitchers of water and stuck those in the fridge for the dogs.  I'm going to move the patio furniture inside tomorrow, and my friend Emily is going to come stay with us during the storm.  Is there anything I missed?

Mom: ...................

Me:   Mom?

Mom:  ...........................

Me: Mom!? Are you tuning me out again!?!

Mom:  ..........mmhhhmmmm

Me: MOM!  You're not even listening?!?

Mom:  I was too listening!

Me:  What movie are you watching?

Mom:  A Few Good Men; I love it!  I've probably seen it over 50 times.

Me:  You're the reason I have issues.

So after Mom insisted that she needed to see the end of the movie that she's seen "at least 50 times", I got off the phone.  She called me about 30 minutes later.

Mom:  Hey sorry, so what did you need?

Me:  *rolling eyes and making faces at the phone while repeating what I've already stated*  So does that sound like I thought of everything?

Mom:  Oh...crap I need to get gas I'm on E.

Me:  MOM!!!  I called you!

Mom:  What?  You got this.

Me:  You know, all of my friends' moms are calling them freaking out about this storm, and my mom is too busy oogling Tom Cruise to listen to me.

Mom:  Whatever, it's a great movie.

Me:  I'm so blogging about you!

     There you have it ladies and gentlemen, my mom's the reason I blog.  You can go thank her now.  If the storm knocks out our power, y'all will get a slight respite from me, but expect me to come back full force once the storm passes.  In the meantime, y'all be careful, be prepared, and just be smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment