Sunday, August 19, 2012

Shut Up Brain, or I'll Stab You With a Q-Tip!

  Here is a sample of the type of conversation that goes on in my head:

Me: "I don't know what to wear tomorrow.  Or how to do my hair."

Brain:  "You're way over thinking this."

Me:  "But I don't want to have Mom hair."

Brain:  "WTH is 'mom hair'?"

Me:  "You know, messy thrown-up-into a ponytail hair.  But not the stylish kind.  Mainly because it contains baby spit-up."

Brain:  "But you don't have a baby, you have a 3-year-old."

Me:  "Okay so my mom hair will be filled with Play-dough."

Brain:  "Maybe we should focus on clothes.  What are your options?"

Me:  "I'm thinking khaki shorts and that orange blouse I love, but I wore that to get my ID the other day, so everyone saw me in it."

Brain:  "Everyone?  As in the 100s of other new students milling around, looking for their classes, getting their IDs, and otherwise not noticing you and what you're wearing?"

Me:  "Yes; them."

Brain:  *Sigh*  "You are making this way too difficult.  Wear that dress you made the other day."

Me:  "But what if I have to sit on the ground?"

Brain:  "Why would you have to sit on the ground?"

Me:  "Because I'll be in a dress, and it's Murphy's Law."

Brain:  "I don't think that's Murphy's Law."

Me:  "It is; Murphy's Law states that any woman wearing a dress will have to sit Indian-style on the ground.  Or she'll have to wrestle two dogs in a crowded parking lot....or something like that."

Brain:  "You really need to let that go."

Me: "You're the one who keeps reminding me."

Brain:  "Well played."

   Although the jury is still out on my attire and hairstyle for tomorrow, I did pack myself a yummy lunch.  I found a recipe for Baked Apple Chips, and I made two batches today so that I'll have something to munch on during the week.

These things make your house smell like Fall.
Here's what you need:
1 Granny Smith Apple
1 TBS cinnamon
2 TBS brown sugar

Slice the apple ultra thing.  (The original poster went on and on about using a mandolin.  I don't have one, so I just sliced them the old fashion way.)  Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl.  Dip your apple slices in the mix, shaking off excess.  Lay slices flat on a parchment paper- lined baking sheet.  Bake at 225 for an hour.  Take out and flip.  Bake for another hour.  Let cool and store in airtight containers :-)

Easy Peasy!

  I also made a Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap that I'm entirely too excited about, so I'll let y'all know if that's any good :-)

  Monkey and I went to the park so that I could get away from my brain for a while, who was being obnoxiously snotty to me about all my anxieties about tomorrow.  I swear my brain must be part male.  Ugh!  While at the park I found the funniest thing, and I have to share.

Hmmm....
   Do you see it yet?


   Now?


   Yeah, I didn't either, until my child and I got into an argument about how there were 6 nails and 9 saws...only....there aren't.  Score one for Monkey.

   Well I'm hitting the hay early tonight, and of course, by that I mean Brain and I are going to have a nice long chat before he/she lets me pass out for an hour or two and then wakes me up to wonder if I've packed a lunch yet.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! We should call bb and see if the can get someone to fix that one the playground! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about it. It's pretty entertaining though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were so yummy, and they smelled delicious while baking! I think I'm going to make a second batch tomorrow during Brayden's nap, so my house will smell AMAZING when our realtor shows it at 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an excellent plan, Dani!

    ReplyDelete