Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ready for the Weekend

   My first week of school has been going swimmingly.  I am enjoying all of my courses immensely, and I'm actually looking forward to this semester.  However, I am thoroughly beat!  Being the nerd that I am, I have spent at least an additional 2 hours studying after each day, so between the studying, school itself, Monkey, the dogs, the C25K program, and keeping my house somewhat presentable, I'm ready for the weekend!  I love having all this stuff to do though, because it makes the weeks pass quickly.

   Even with all these new things going on, I'm still going to make time to fill y'all in on what's going on in this world of mine, starting with a few things I want to share today.  First off is the recipe for those Turkey Bacon Ranch Wraps I mentioned in my last post.



For one wrap you'll need:
1 Tortilla
2 slices Bacon
2 slices American Cheese
2-3 slices Turkey
Baby Spinach or Lettuce
Sliced Tomatoes
1 TBS Ranch

Place all your ingredients on top of a tortilla, and roll up!  So simple, and perfect for school lunches; especially if you're like me and can't stand sandwiches everyday.

   I also want to share a craft Monkey and I worked on today after school.  I got the idea from Pinterest, of course.

   It's a Senses Bear.  We used Construction paper, googly eyes for sight, popcorn kernels for touch, a piece of candy for taste, a cotton ball sprayed with perfume for smell, and ribbon for sound (it makes crinkly noises when rubbed together).  This was so simple, and yet such a good review for Monkey.  She really enjoyed this one.

   Guess what y'all!  Tomorrow's FRIDAY!!!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment