Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's the Final Countdown

      Since my English class is in the online format, it will officially end tomorrow.  However, being the nerd that I am, I already submitted my final paper and received my grade on it.  I officially have a 100 in the class.  Tomorrow the rest of my finals kick off with my A&P II lab final.  I'm not as confident about that one, considering I had to leave the room when they started dissecting the cat, but I'm sure it will be fine.  It's crazy to think that another semester is coming to a close.  This was supposed to be my last semester of prerequisites before I entered the Associate's Degree program at MGCCC, but plans have changed slightly.  Thanks to a chance conversation with a friend from school I discovered that I'm only 3 classes from entering the Bachelor's program at a university up the road a ways.  I will take two of those courses this summer, and then the last one will be in the fall.  Hopefully, I will be accepted into the program Spring 2014, and I will graduate with a Bachelor's Aug. 2015.  I'm a little hesitant in my excitement as I haven't officially been accepted into the program yet.  I'll turn in my application after the summer semester, and hopefully I'll get good news.
     Summer semester will not equal less time at home, however.  I will be taking a hybrid class and a night class, so I will get to be at home with my Monkey during the day.  I'm looking forward to that immensely, and my Crafty Kids board on Pinterest is about to explode.  Quality time has been a little scarce with all the preparations for finals, so tonight we went on a family run, and then we stopped and looked for blackberries.  It was nice to get out and spend time with my loved ones.  There's not enough of that anymore these days.
     Well enough of my blabbing.  I do have a recipe to share with y'all, since my random cat post was lacking in that area.  In honor of me finally taking my mother's advice for the first time ever,  I'm going to post her Crawfish Pie recipe that is to die for!!!  (But only if y'all promise not to tell her; I don't want her thinking she needs to give me more advice.)



Mom's Crawfish Pie
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1 can cream of celery soup
4 TBS tomato sauce
1 lb crawfish (or shrimp)
1/4 cup parsley flakes
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Tony's to taste
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 (9") pie shells

   Saute onion, garlic, bell pepper, celery, and green onions in the butter until tender and onions are transparent.  Add cream of celery and tomato sauce, crawfish, and parsley flakes.  Cook slowly for 10 minutes.  Turn off heat.  Add breadcrumbs, Tony's, egg, and milk.  Pour into pie shells.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

Seriously, though, if you make anything I've posted, make this!  This is one of those down-home recipes I crave when I start feeling homesick.

No comments:

Post a Comment