Friday, October 3, 2014

It's That Time of Year

     I love October!  It's one of my favorite times of year.  The weather begins to get cool; the leaves are changing colors; the last little bit of summer is fading away.  The birds begin to fly south.  The night comes a little sooner, and the general mood seems a little more relaxed.  There's something about this time of year that still holds a bit of mystery, something that is rare in this day of the internet where connections are made and lost in the blink of an eye.  Even with the soaring rate of information that's within our grasp, there is something still slightly haunting yet alluring about this time of year.  I feel as if I'm awakening from the long dream of summer.  My spirit comes alive this time of year, and I relish the feeling.  Perhaps I'm being a bit mystical and eclectic at the moment, but what can I say?  It's that time of year.

     To celebrate the being of October, and in preparation for one of my all-time favorite holidays, I've been feeling a little crafty.  I decided to make a new decoration for my door, since my old wreath has begun to fall apart.  After finding one I loved on Pinterest, I decided to make it my way.


     I got these letters from Michael's, which is awesome because if you go to their website, you can usually print out a coupon.


I preceded to paint them black, orange, and I left one white.


    I used the lid of the paint as a template to trace circle on the letters for polka dots, and then I painted them the various coordinating colors.


     I sprayed them with Rustoleum enamel to keep them from getting moldy since they'll be hanging on the outside door.  I tied them together with orange polka-dot 3/4" ribbon.  I topped the B with a pretty orange bow, and voila!


     I love it, and it makes me smile every time I come home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment