Tuesday, April 15, 2014

We're Going Nuts Without You!

     One thing you have to deal with in deployments is the unpredictability of the mail delivery system.  I sent my husband a care package on March 15, and another one on April 1.  He received both of them today.  O.o  I don't understand that, but I'm just happy they made it there.  I'm going to share the first one with y'all today, but I'm saving the second one for Sunday.  It's his Easter package, so he's not allowed to open it yet.  In the meantime, here's our "Nuts without you" package:



      As usual I started by lining a flat rate box with orange construction paper.  I then cut out letters for the message on the inside of the lids.  I enlisted Monkey's help with the pictures.  I asked her to make crazy faces, and well, this is the result:

   
     I also included some pictures of Monkey all dressed up for her Superhero Party.  Next I added a few acorns and one Planter's nut man to tie it all together.

     Next was the fun part: filling the box.  I had a ton of ideas, some of which are included in the actual box, but then my husband messed up the theme by requesting his favorite pair of combat boots (how dare he!).  I ran out of room, but here's a list of ideas in case you want to make one yourself:

  • Planter's nuts 
  • Clif Bars
  • Peanut butter or Nutella (or both)
  • Peanut M&Ms
  • Snickers bars
  • Homemade granola (for a recipe, click here)
  • Peanut butter cookies
  • any Chex Mix with nuts (can even be homemade)
  • Mr. Goodbars
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Chocolate-covered sunflower seeds
     If y'all think of anything else, feel free to share.  


   

No comments:

Post a Comment