Thursday, March 21, 2013

Family Outing

     This week is Spring Break for both Monkey and me.  I'm catching up of a lot of things from running to blogging, but most importantly I'm catching up on quality time with my little family.  We've had a wonderful weekend, and I'm looking forward to some down time.  I even managed to clean the house today!

     Friday after I picked Monkey up from daycare we went for a run.  It was an hour long affair, and we ran about 4 1/2 miles.  When I got back to the garage and parked the stroller, I was looking forward to a shower and some relaxation before I got started on dinner, only that didn't happen.  As I unstrapped Monkey from her stroller, I noticed she was missing something.  One of her boots had mysteriously vanished as I ran.  Just then J came back from the gym, so we decided to make it a family game, so we leashed up the dog, got the kid a second pair of shoes, and set off to find Monkey's missing boot.  Monkey was loving it because she was out of the stroller this time, and she pretty much set the pace as both her daddy and I were worn out.  (Did I mention I had just run 4 1/2 miles, and here we were retracing that path?)  Yeah, our search turned up nothing, even though we roamed all over the base to find that silly shoe.  Monkey didn't complain, though, because we ended up at the park as a consolation price.  By the time we all came home J, the dog and I were worn out, but Monkey was nice and revved up.  She helped me park the stroller back in the garage, and that's where we found her elusive boot.  Apparently I should have swept the perimeter before heading out on our particular mission, but at least we had a nice little family outing.  And we all slept really well that night.

     I have also had extra time to try a few new things around the kitchen (of course), and I want to share something yummy with y'all:

Homemade Parfaits
These were so simple, and yet so good to go with breakfast the other morning.  Here's what you'll need:

Chobani Greek Yogurt, Vanilla
Rolled oats
blueberries
honey
a dash of cinnamon

Simply spoon a layer of yogurt into the bottom, add some oats, drizzle with honey and blueberries, then repeat until the jar is full.  Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top, and you're in business.

     I put mine in these jelly jars, because I knew Monkey couldn't eat all of that, so I just twist the lid on top, and save the rest for later.  The best part about these is that you can mix it up.  Add different berries or maybe even some chocolate chips.  Enjoy :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment