Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken

     After the great amount of comments I received on my Facebook status about these scrum-diddly-yumptious morsels, I decided I definitely needed to share the recipe.  So here it is: Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Jalapenos & Cream Cheese.



You'll need:
8 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 jalapeno, chopped into small pieces
3 oz cream cheese
bacon, cut in half

   Flatten your chicken strips with a meat mallet, and cut in half.  Soften cream cheese.  Place about a tsp of cream cheese on each chicken strip. Sprinkle with about 1/4 tsp of jalapenos.  Roll up chicken, and wrap bacon around it.  Stick your toothpick in.   


 Repeat for the remaining chicken tenders.


  J put these on the grill, and they were pretty darn tasty.  We had an argument over who would be able to take the leftovers to work the next day.  He won, but forgot them so I actually got to eat them today ;-)

  If you haven't figured it out yet, I love to cook.  It's one of those few things that never gets old.  It never becomes a chore.  It's just fun for me.  That being said, it's something I really want to share with my daughter.  Being 2 1/2, there's not much she's been able to help me with when it comes to actual cooking.  Today however I was struck with one of those should-have-been-obvious thoughts.  She can help me make Rice Krispie Treats!  After all, isn't that a right of passage in the kitchen?  One of the first things I remember learning to make was a Rice Krispie Treat.

   She did really well, and here are a few photos from the experience.
Melt 3 tbs butter or margarine.

Add four cups of mini marshmallows.

One...

Two....

Three...
Four!

Stir over low heat until melted.



Turn off heat.  Add six cups of Rice Krispies and stir until coated.


  Pour into a  pan, and let set.  Cut into little squares.

   Monkey had so much fun with this, and it was good to share something I enjoy so much with the person I love best in this world.



Update:  This morning I set out all my ingredients that needed to defrost to make these again, but due to the fact that I don't watch the news I didn't realize that it would be pouring down rain.  We don't have a covered back porch, so instead of grilling these, we decided to attempt to bake them.  J was nice enough to do the honors, as I was in a crazed state of "Oh-my-God-this-house-is-a-wreck", and was too "indisposed" to cook.  Not only did his come out just as good as, if not better than mine, he also made them look prettier.  I appreciate that he cooked, but I resent him a little for doing such a great job.

So, if you want to bake these instead of grill them, preheat your oven to 400 and place these on a greased cooking sheet.  Put them in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm. Rice Krispie Treats! Maybe this is why I can't cook. I've never made those deliciously sticky little treats. Ever... o_O

    ReplyDelete